Friday, August 31, 2012

FPS/Roguelike Hybrid

First of all guys, sorry I've been gone so long. (Haha, like anyone actually reads this.) I had computer issues. But now I'm back to posting!

Anyway, I've been experimenting over the past 2 days with an FPS / Rogue like hybrid. It's sci-fi, set on a space station, and it's looking pretty cool. It has gameplay like classic FPSes (IE Doom, the original one) but features of roguelikes such as randomly generated levels, inventory management, customization, and perma death.

I'll show you a few screenshots of my progress so far.

Customization screen. I'm feeling pretty good about this so far.

Gameplay with some temporary textures. These will be replaced.

I also entered the Ludum Dare! I made a town building sim where you "evolve" your little village. You can play it here: Magistrate.

Thanks for reading! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment